The Judith Berry Perioperative Nurse Excellence Award
Applications are now open for the 2020 Judith Berry Perioperative Nurse Excellence Award
The Judith Berry Perioperative Nurse Excellence Award will be awarded to a perioperative nurse that has demonstrated one or more of the following, relating to the SAPNA tenets of Care, Vision and Excellence:
• contributed to the advancement of safe patient care; and/or
• contributed to the advancement of care of a colleague,
or the profession.
• provided a vision for perioperative nursing in their hospital
or unit; and/or
• undertaken research, or taken direct action that promotes
the vision and image of perioperative nursing.
• demonstrated excellence in perioperative practice (Clinical);
• demonstrated excellence in perioperative practice (Management).
The Award is a $500 monetary prize to be used in furtherance of
the winner’s perioperative career, professional development, study
or research including travel costs and personal expenses related to
supporting these activities.
Congratulations to Joy Booth the winner of the 2019 Judith Berry Perioperative Nurses Excellence Award