The Judith Berry Perioperative
Nurse Excellence Award
Applications are now open for the 2019 Judith Berry Perioperative Nurse Excellence Award
Do you have an awesome colleague? Someone you respect and admire because they demonstrate Care, Vision and Excellence in your Perioperative team? Or are you that colleague?
Then it’s time to stop procrastinating and nominate them for the 2019 Judith Berry Perioperative Nurse Excellence Award
So here’s the thing . . .
- How often do you get to tell this awesome colleague ‘Well Done’ ?
- When does the opportunity arise to publicly pat them on the back? Or pat yourself on the back?
- How do you find the right occasion to showcase the excellence in your department and the good work you do ?
We know you’re busy, and we know it’s challenging to put pen to paper and get the nomination done.
So here’s some tips . . .
- Engage the help of others in your department to help put the nomination together.
- Keep it reasonably brief and to the point (500-1000 words) and provide examples.
- Lost for words? Put what you have got on an email and our impartial secretariat may be able to help you assemble the nomination!
So it’s that easy!
Applications close on 31st July 2019. Don’t delay!
By nominating a colleague or yourself, you are supporting SAPNA and Perioperative nursing in South Australia.
The Judith Berry Perioperative Nurse Excellence Award will be awarded to a perioperative nurse who has demonstrated one or more of the following, relating to the SAPNA tenets of Care, Vision and Excellence:
- contributed to the advancement of safe patient care; and/or
- contributed to the advancement of care of a colleague, or the profession.
- provided a vision for perioperative nursing in their Hospital or unit; and/or
- undertaken research, or taken direct action that promotes the vision and image of perioperative nursing.
- demonstrated excellence in perioperative practice (Clinical); and/or
- demonstrated excellence in perioperative practice (Management).
The Award is a $500 monetary prize to be used in furtherance of the winner’s perioperative career, professional development, study or research including travel costs and personal expenses related to supporting these activities.