It describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. It applies to the South Australian Perioperative Nurses Association (SAPNA) website and to any other SAPNA services no matter how you access or use them, including written communications, event registrations, financial accounting transactions, and electronic interactions, including through mobile devices or other electronic technology.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
We may collect, process, record and retain personal information when you:
- apply for and renew membership;
- register for events and make payments;
- provide us information via any communication medium;
- update or add information to your account, and
- when you correspond in any way with us.
Personal information is information that can be associated with you and could be used to identify you from that data, or from other information that SAPNA has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Personal information you give us when you interact with SAPNA
The following are examples of personal information and circumstances where you would typically provide personal information:
- identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for membership or events with SAPNA;
- information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to a transaction you initiate or are party to;
- other content that is connected to your membership of SAPNA;
- financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction;
- postage, billing and other information used to post mail or an item;
- other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your membership account, through your participation in education forums and events, discussions, chats or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding your membership, events or other services we may offer from time to time; or
- information we are required or authorised by current legislation to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Use and retention of information
We use the personal information we collect to:
- provide and improve our member services;
- provide you with a personalised experience on our website or at events;
- to contact you about your account or about awards and offers;
- provide you with personalised advertising and marketing;
- and detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed memberships to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, and take other actions permitted or required by current Legislation.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to member benefits, to comply with our legal obligations, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to your membership or our member services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent. We will provide information:
- to Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN) to facilitate your co-membership to ACORN, and so that they may communicate directly with you;
- to SAPNA event sponsors and participants: limited information (usually limited to your name and organisation); and
- if required by law, legal action or a properly authorised investigation.
Security of your information
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
Question or complaints